MEDICAN HAS ELECTED NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Ulf Munkedal current professional investor, entrepreneur and approved business angel by Vækstfonden. Munkedal is one of Denmark’s best IT Security Experts and former owner of FortConsult, which is today owned by NCC Group. Ulf Munkedal has been re-elected as chairman of the board.
- May-Britt Kattrup, former member of the Danish Parliament, member of the health committee in the parliament and one of the people behind the Danish cannabis legislation has been reelected to the board.
- Morten Hauberg who is partner in the investment company KMK Berlin A/S is newly elected to the board of directors.
- Christian Espersen who is a major shareholder in Medican through his company CFC Denmark Holding ApS is joining the board again after a couple of years absence.
Medican has received the authorization to manufacture cannabis intermediate products under the Danish Medical Cannabis Scheme.
With this authorization, Medican is now advanced closer to export and bring the first product to market. Medican now holds both a cannabis bulk with cultivation performed under GACP and a EU GMP manufacturing license.
More information about the authorization to produce cannabis intermediate products can be found here: https://laegemiddelstyrelsen.dk/en/special/medicinal-cannabis/companies/pilot-programme/Fremstillertilladelser/authorisation-to-produce-cannabis-intermediate-products/
R&D license to associated company
Medican’s associated company in Uruguay received an R&D license to start development of extraction products in Uruguay. Following this development and research the company will apply for a commercial license which will lead the way for consumer ready product in alliance with leading pharma company in Uruguay.
Second sale of cannabis batch in Uruguay
Uruguayan President Lacalle Pou signed two decrees with the aim of spurring development of the medical marijuana and hemp industries and encouraging exports. The new rules simplify the export process of medical cannabis.
Medican Subsidiary in Uruguay has after the decrees finalized second sale of 750 kg of GACP cultivated cbd rich cannabis to be exported to Switzerland.
Danish Medical cannabis scheme to be permanent for producers!
On May 25th 2021, The politicians at the
Danish Parliament agreed on continuing the pilot program for medical cannabis. The program for manufacturing and exporting medical cannabis will be permanent, whereas the program for the Danish patients will be prolonged for another 4 years.
With the extension of the pilot program, the uncertainty about the future of the pilot program is over for Denmark as a prime EU country to further investment in the medicinal cannabis industry, while keeping the strict standard ensuring manufacturing of the highest quality cannabis product for benefit of the patients in Europe.
GDP and Wholesale Licenses
Medican Pharma GmbH received GDP and Wholesale Licenses on December 4th 2020
Medican sells ownership in Aureum A/S and in Medizinalhanf GmbH on December 21/22 – 2020
Medican has elected new Board of Directors
- May-Britt Kattrup, former member of the Danish Parliament, member of the health committee in the parliament and one of the people behind the Danish cannabis legislation joined the board.
- Ulf Munkedal current professional investor, entrepreneur and approved business angel by Vækstfonden. Munkedal is one of Denmark’s best IT Security Experts and former owner of FortConsult, which is today owned by NCC Group
- Kim Holm owns KMK Berlin, which is the largest shareholder in Medican.
- Attorney Jens Stadum continues the board as a representive for CFC Denmark Holding ApS.
Medican has today exported it first batch of medical cannabis to Germany
To be sold throughout Medican’s own distribution network and sales team in Frankfurt.
Medican Pharma GmbH has been preparing for this for a long time and have been working with the pharmacies and doctors for the last 6 month to prepare the market for Medican’s product. Medican’s products is cultivated under GACP in-door in Denmark and the products is manufactured under EU GMP in our facility in Helsinge, Denmark. In the next couple of weeks another 3 batches will be exported to Germany while Medican is also building on its company Medican Pharma Ltd. in United Kingdom to start import in 2022.
PharmaCann Polska recently became the first company to obtain EU-Good Manufacturing Practice certification to produce medical cannabis extracts at its facility in North Macedonia.
Medican receives cannabis bulk license
Upon inspection performed on June 30th and July 1st by the Danish Medicines Agency Medican has received a cannabis bulk license which moves Medican from the Danish development scheme to the Pilot Scheme. Medican will start cultivating PPQ batches and expect to have products ready to sales and distribution in summer 2021.
Medican is the fourth cultivator in Denmark to receive this license.
Medican Subsidiary receives GACP certification
Medican has through associated companies in Uruguay received GACP cultivation certification as the third cannabis cultivator in Uruguay and is now awaiting GMP certification of post harvesting facilities which is expected during the next 3 months.
New report on cannabis in Latin America
MjBiz Daily has updated their report on CANNABIS IN LATIN AMERICA: The Regulations and Opportunities
The report can be downloaded here